Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Middle School Teacher

This was written on the Vashon School districts webpage

VASHON ISLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT

David Foege

We are saddened today by the loss of David Foege, our beloved teacher, colleague and friend.

He very much loved his colleagues – students – friends – family and loved ones.

A public memorial is being planned for next week to honor his memory.

The McMurray Middle School Library will be open and staffed with support personnel for students, parents, staff and the community today, Saturday April 21 and Sunday April 22 from noon until 4:00pm.



I was further saddened to hear that Mr. Foege died by his own hand. When I was in his I classes I never knew a more happy-go-lucky guy. He was always funny and I enjoyed his classes. I learned a lot from him too. I never had him as a humanities teacher, which was his area of expertise, but he taught my health class along with Ms. Farcy. Ms Farcy was fighting a losing battle with cancer and Mr. Foege was there to help her.



One thing I will never forget about Mr. Foege happened Wednesday, February 28, 2001. He was teaching my health class on the day we had a magnitude 7.0 earthquake. His face was an expression of total shock, but Mr. Foege just told us to get under the desk and when the shaking stopped he lead us out of the building. He was calm and that helped us stay calm and safe.

Thank you Mr. Foege.

No comments:

Post a Comment